Saturday, March 31, 2012

Kids with Animals – 2

This is a great example of why taking pictures of kids with animals works so well. In this photo, Samantha gave me an amazing smile, one that I never would have been able to coax from her, not even with a bribe. I love the twinkle in her eyes. Her colorful jacket goes well with the bright yellow duckling. Both Jeremiah and Samantha hate having to smile on cue. It’s best to capture them in the moment, which also tells a more honest story.

To get this effect, I used Orton-ish. Besides giving the photo that warm glow that I mentioned in the previous picture, it also enhanced the colors making them more vibrant. I then added Vignette to give that dark boarder. You can find these editing tools in Picasa 3. You can learn more about Picasa 3 in "Being Herself - 3."

Total Pageviews

Recommended Sites

To be added

Recommended Galleries

To be added