Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother’s Day Card – 2

This Mother’s Day card is already on its way to the U.S.A. and its recipient is my mom. There’s a good chance that it won’t arrive in time, because I only mailed it on Tuesday. That’s why I don’t mind if she sees what it’s going to look like ahead of time, that is if she looks at my blog post before Sunday.

This year I decided to add a small watercolor painting made by me instead of a recycled picture from a card. That is one of the best things about card making and scrapbooking, all the recycled pictures, papers and other bits and pieces. Nothing gets wasted. I used to throw little scraps of colored paper away, but not anymore. A small scrap can make a perfect background for a few letters, like this blue piece of paper with “MOM” on it. I like shiny stuff, so I added blue glitter.

Now back to the watercolor painting, although painted by me, it is not an original. I love being creative, but I’m not very good at drawing pictures from my head. In fact, I’m really bad at it. I do alright if there is a photograph or something to look at. In this case, I took the easiest option. I Googled “watercolor flowers” and found a long list of images and then printed a few, so this card and the next two cards that I’m going to post were painted after pictures from the internet.

I also added blue ribbon and a butterfly sticker. Since I was a kid, I’ve loved stickers, but I’ll tell you more about that tomorrow.

Total Pageviews

Recommended Sites

To be added

Recommended Galleries

To be added